4.6.1 Docker Version
It is possible to install GameLet at your school. You may want to consider this option in the event that we are unable to meet your request of providing ready-to-use access.
Please keep in mind that the installation of this program requires expert level technical skills. Moreover, we are unable to provide technical assistance. Should you have the technical skills for this task, we do provide a Docker compose file (e.g., a database with most of the configuration automatically set up).
Steps to get a docker version running:
- Linux based web server & domain (+ssl keys) required
- Follow instructions on https://docs.docker.com/engine/install/ to install docker engine on your operating system
- Also install docker-compose: https://docs.docker.com/compose/install/
- Clone gamelet git repository to your desired location using the following command:
sudo git clone https://gitlab.hsrw.eu/anabela.parente/game-let-environment
- Copy your sll keys into gameletrecordingstudio/private folder
- Open nodeapp.env in docker/env/ and replace the values of SSL_KEY, SSL_CERT and SSL_CA with the names of your ssl keys
- RUN docker-compose up --build
Application will now run at port 3000.
You can also define a custom port in the before mentioned nodeapp.env file.