5.5.3. Receiving Feedback From Teacher, Improving Reading and Recording Final Version
|Short task description||The groups receive and discuss the teacher’s feedback, practise and improve their reading and make their final recording.|
|Aims||Fostering reading fluency; involving the students actively; sharing reading experiences|
|Time needed||The time needed depends on the length of the scene and the fluency level of the individual students.|
Students improve their final reading by (i) receiving and discussing teacher feedback in their group, and (ii) practising their reading. (iii) Then they synchronously record the final version of the scene to create the podcast.
Using the game
Discuss your teacher’s feedback for improving your reading aloud performance with your group members. Once again practice your reading as a group. Finally, record the group reading for the podcast.
Meet your group in a video conference.
Step 1: Discussing feedback
- Look for feedback here:
- Open your feedback:
- Check your rating; read the text message; and/or listen to the audio feedback.
- Discuss the feedback: How can you improve your reading?
Step 2: Practising reading
- As a group, read the scene aloud. Everyone reads their part.
- Practice until you are satisfied with the results (at least 2 times).
Step 3: Recording final version
- Record your whole scene by using your mobile phone or a video conference tool (e.g. Zoom).
- Check the sound quality.
- Select your favourite recording.
- Upload your recording and ask your teacher for feedback.
Total possible points: 50 points, group points for last perfect version by teacher - up to 400
In the podcast shop students can, as a group, purchase elements to customize their podcast. By selecting the desired elements they can immediately preview the result of the Podcast.
The group's podcasts can be viewed in the podcast area.